Google is hosting a Google Campfire One event today where the company is inviting multiple developers to try out a new service where Google will be “unveiling another exciting technology.”
Michael Arrington at TechCrunch believes that the exciting technology will be Google BigTable, or Google Web Services, which will compete with Amazon hosted web developer applications such as Amazon SimpleDB and low cost hosting for startups.
- Google hosting business sites
- Processing database queries via Google BigTable
- Indexing those sites, serving those sites in results
- Becoming the ad platform for the marketing of those sites via AdWords
- Providing the backend sales via Google Checkout
- Tracking analytics for those sites via Google Analytics
- Providing the enterprise Google Apps to search within or process reports via those sites.
Sounds like things are coming full circle to me.
More on Google Big Table.