Microsoft announced last Thursday that its Microsoft Advertising Intelligence’s excel add-on for adCenter will get a huge update from version 5.6 to version 8. Designed for keyword research and optimization, it is a powerful keyword research tool that enables users to build and expand their keyword list in a familiar Microsoft Office Excel Interface.
Formerly known as adCenter Add-in for Excel, it basically provides keyword expansion, research, pricing and KPI data to maximize a user’s marketing return on investment for paid search and ad campaigns. The redesigned MAI add-on will bring a finely-tuned data from Yahoo and Bing networks—including a wider range of keywords and competitive bids.
Moreover, it can pull historical performance data that will allow users to bid on relevant and best performing keywords. In turn, it’ll be easier to measure the performance of relevant keywords from these search engines and improve a campaign’s keyword selection and execution.
Inside MAI Version 8
Depending on the user’s preference, he or she can update the data in a specific table or across the entire database at once. Listed below are the features that the MAI version has in store:
- A redesigned and more intuitive user interface to help user work faster and smarter
- More finely-tuned search data from Yahoo and Bing networks providing higher-quality network insights and market competitive bids
- In-depth keyword insight based on various parameters such as traffic, demographic and geographic data
- Deeper Microsoft Office Excel integration, which takes advantage of the spreadsheet program’s powerful and familiar functionality
- Access to a collection of predesigned Keyword Research Templates, enabling users to easily see the adCenter data that they’re looking for
How to Get the MAI Version 8
Currently available for download in the United States, Canada, France, Ireland, Singapore and the United Kingdom, the Excel add-on is yet to include information from mobile devices and other content sites.
This is available for PC users that have Microsoft Office Excel 2007 or 2010. In addition, users of Microsoft Office Excel 2007 must download the Visual Studio 2010 Tools before installing the MAI.
Users are required to upgrade their MAI, as the existing version will stop working on May 15. As Microsoft’s Search Media Analyst Tina Keheller said on her post, “If you haven’t started using the MAI to expand and optimize your keyword lists and set winning bids, now is the time!”
Users can also take full advantage of Microsoft’s online marketing tool by visiting the MAI tutorial section.