Want to learn how to do keyword research the right way? Not sure how to find the best keywords to target? How do you even know what’s ranking?
There are plenty of questions around the topic of keyword research because it’s one of the most important aspects of the SEO process. It’s also one of the most challenging.
Search trends and user behavior are continually changing. So, how do you create a stable process for keyword research?
We know this pain firsthand. That’s why we’ve created this how-to guide for our SEO community!
Get guidance and answers on how to get it right with our latest ebook, How to Do Keyword Research for SEO: The Ultimate Guide.
Read this Search Engine Journal ebook to learn:
- What keyword research is and why it’s important. Learn the foundational elements of keyword research and the process.
- Using local keywords to rank higher in the search results. A step-by-step tutorial on how to pick the right local keywords and get ahead in local SEO.
- Content localization and translation. Tactics to incorporate localization process into your keyword research and local SEO strategy.
- List of keyword research tools. Dive into different free keyword research tools to build your content map.
- How to do keyword research using social media – it’s completely free.
- Mistakes you should avoid in the future. Don’t fall into the trap of these common keyword research mistakes.
- Ways to perform keyword research for ecommerce. Addressing transactional keyword terms and understanding the importance of volume and competition.
- Advanced keyword research. Learn the evolution of keywords and understand how to take it a step further.
This guide is composed of 7 chapters and 171 pages of expert insights written by some of the industry’s top practitioners.
What Is Keyword Research?
Keyword research is a process of discovering and determining the keywords that matter most for the objectives of a given website.
Why Keyword Research Is Important
Keyword research enables you to understand the specific terms people are using to solve their problem—and the context behind those terms.
It is important to research keywords in order to dispel any misunderstandings or assumptions you may have about your users’ needs and the language they use to express them.