A Guide to Local SEO
Customers are searching for the best products and services near them – and they want answers… fast.
Will your business show up at the exact time when local customers are looking? Will they pick you out of all the local businesses that offer the same products and services?
Search Engine Journal’s ebook, A Guide to Local SEO, tackles what you need to know about optimizing for local search.
Local search engine optimization requires a strategic and targeted approach that is distinct from general SEO.
Brick-and-mortar businesses wanting to win against competitors should make sure all the local signals across Google’s local search landscape are consistent and correct.
We created this comprehensive guide to help local SEO professionals gain a better understanding of today’s local search landscape.
Read A Guide to Local SEO to learn:
- Top local ranking signals you need to know and why.
- How to build a winning local SEO strategy.
- Tips for analyzing local search competition.
- Why and how NAP information and user experience affect local SEO.
- How and where to find the best local link building opportunities.
- Why reviews and star ratings matter – and how to use them.
- How to completely optimize your GBP listing.
- The attributes you need for an effective GBP listing.
- Local SEO and listing management tools that save you time and improve performance.
- And a lot more.
If you want to have a solid foundation on local search engine optimization, make sure to read SEJ’s A Guide to Local SEO.
What is local SEO?
Local search engine optimization is a branch of SEO that focuses on optimizing a website to be found in local search results.
Content, on-page optimizations, and link building all with a focused, localized intent are part of these efforts.
SEO vs Local SEO
SEO is the process of optimizing a website to achieve higher rankings in search engine results pages (SERP) for a specific set of keywords or phrases. It generally targets a global or national audience and aims to attract users from all over the world or a larger region. Local SEO, on the other hand, is a process to improve search rankings for local search queries specific to a particular geographic area or region.
Why is local SEO important?
Optimizing for local search is important, especially for brick-and-mortar businesses serving specific towns, cities, regions, and even states.
When done right, local SEO allows people to find information about your business quickly and easily, putting them one step closer to a transaction.