If you have considered marketing your brand on Reddit, you have likely heard the horror stories. The AMAs gone astray or the sad attempt Pilot made at using a meme to promote their own brand.
The horror stories are enough to scare away many a marketer. Here’s the thing – you CAN market on Reddit. But only if you approach the audience the way they like to be approached.
This week, our SEJ ThinkTank webinar series welcomed back Brent Csutoras, the Chief Social Media Strategist for SEJ and a Redditor of more than a decade. If you are looking to succeed on Reddit, Brent is your guy. Here is a recap of the webinar he gave, including a recording and his slides.
Marketing on Reddit Takeaways
During this most recent webinar, Brent gave a 30-minute presentation and then took questions live from the audience. To get the most out of his presentation, I highly recommend watching the full video or listening to the podcast.
Here are a few takeaways:
- You can, and in fact it is encouraged, for users to remain anonymous and create multiple accounts. (Just don’t try to use them to upvote your own stuff or otherwise game the system.)
- Always comment more than you post.
- Don’t be afraid to message and ask moderators if your posts get blocked – but be brief and don’t complain. Ask what you did wrong and what you can do to fix it.
- Remember all subReddits have their own rules – make sure you follow them.
- DO NOT try to game the system. You will get banned.
Watch the Video Recap
View Brent’s Slides
Join Us for Our Next Webinar!
Join our next SEJ ThinkTank webinar produced in partnership with Rowe Digital. Kevin Rowe, Founder and CEO of Rowe Digital will share insights from top backlink profiles, and discuss which strategies will win your links.