This is the wrap-up of the most popular posts and announcements on SEJ over the previous week. Newsletter subscribers are the first to receive this and other updates.
SEO Checklist for Website Owners: Updated for 2016
If you’re still stuck on the same old on-page SEO routine, Neil Patel says it’s time to wake up, smell the coffee, and figure out what’s up in 2016.
Whether you’ve been working in SEO for the past several year, or are just entering the SEO world for the first time, you might be surprised at how much changed in a short time.
We’re always in need of “updated” information for SEO, and VIP contributor Neil Patel thought now was a great time to release his updated checklist. Read the full post here.
Bing’s Share of the Search Marketing is Growing Faster Than Google’s
According to the latest numbers, comScore reports that Bing’s share of the search market grew more than Google’s this past April. To be exact, Bing’s market share rose by 0.2% while Google’s dropped by 0.2%.
Google’s total share of the US desktop search market has dipped below its previous 64% to 63.8%. Microsoft’s share of desktop search is now sitting at 21.6%. Does this mean Bing is taking search share away from Google? For more details see this week’s top news story.
Popular Search Marketing Posts
Here is a rundown of the most popular posts on SEJ from last week:
- SEO Checklist for Website Owners: Updated for 2016 and Beyond, by Neil Patel
- Bing’s Share of the Search Marketing is Growing Faster Than Google’s, by Matt Southern
- Major AdWords Changes Announced: Expanded Text Ads, New Local Search Ads, by Larry Kim
- The $0 Marketing Stack: 41 Free Services and Tools, by Kevan Lee
- 12 Ways Facebook Can Utilize Emotional Data from Reactions, by Lisa Lacy / [AD] How to Segment Keywords into Relevant Groups Using Topvisor
- New Look For Google Search With Card-Based Results, by Matt Southern
- How to Optimize Your Content for Google RankBrain, by Lee Wilson
- New Length of Titles and Descriptions is Just a Test, Google Says, by Matt Southern
- Celebrating Our Armed Forces in the Digital Marketing Community, by Aleh Barysevich
- How to Gain Visibility in the App Store Using ASO, by Ryan Clutter
Download This Week’s Episode of Marketing Nerds
In this episode of Marketing Nerds, Mindy Weinstein of Bruce Clay Inc. joins Features Editor Danielle Antosz to talk about the changing landscape of search. Mindy shares how to people search nowadays, as well as how search engines have evolved to accommodate those changes.
Featured Image: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #1: WDnet/Pixabay.com
In-post Photo #2: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #3: GongTo / Shutterstock.com
In-post Photo #4: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #5: Image by Paulo Bobita