This is the wrap-up of the most popular posts and announcements on SEJ over the previous week. Newsletter subscribers are the first to receive this and other updates.
3 Recent Google Updates: What You Should Know
Over the past few weeks alone there have been four significant updates to Google search results. Have you been able to keep up with them all? Moreover, have you been able to determine how they will affect your business.
How do the recent update impact or affect you and your business? In multiple ways, says SEJ contributor Adam Riemer. One example is if you’ve seen traffic dropping from organic search, as the increase in ads above the fold could mean fewer clicks on your organic listings.
In this week’s top post, Reimer goes through a list of steps you can take to ensure your site is prepped and ready to take on this myriad of new updates. Read the full post here.
How to Safely Earn Four Backlinks This Weekend
For all the black hat tactics, link penalties, and bad mouthing, backlinks still matter. Experts agree that “domain-level link features” and “page-level link features” are the most influential factors in a site’s ranking.
VIP Contributor, Neil Patel, can attest based on anecdotal evidence from his own sites and consulting with others that backlinks drive a site’s authority, traffic, and revenue.
Any discussion of link building is dangerous territory nowadays — to be as clear and helpful as possible, Patel provides four simple, safe, and effective ways to gain at least four backlinks. Read the full post here.
Popular Search Marketing Posts
Here is a rundown of the most popular posts on SEJ from last week:
- Recent Google Updates: What You Should Know, by Adam Riemer
- How to Safely Earn Four Backlinks This Weekend, by Neil Patel
- Google Local Business Cards and the Possible Impact on Search, by Bernadette Coleman
- Google Release the Top 3 Ranking Factors, by Danielle Antosz
- Google Announces AdWords Redesign, by Danielle Antosz / [AD] How to Effectively Monitor Your Niche on Autopilot Using Ahrefs
- The 10 Most Effective Ad Campaigns in 2016, by Meg Cabrera
- Boost Content Marketing Using This Simple Content Framework, by Razvan Gavrilas
- Google Test? More Images Shown in Search Snippets, by Danielle Antosz
- 10 Unexpected Ways to Use Content to Drive Results, by Aaron Agius
- The Highest (and Lowest) Average CTRs in Google AdWords by Industry, by Larry Kim
Download This Week’s Episode of Marketing Nerds
In this week’s episode of Marketing Nerds, Content Marketing Institute found, Joe Pulizzi, joins features editor Danielle Antosz to talk about CMI’s recent B2B Technology Content Marketing benchmark report. They also discussed how to create engaging content, why it’s important to track content marketing ROI, and the challenges of content marketing.
Featured Image: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #1: studiostoks/Shutterstock.com
In-post Photo #2: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #3: optimarc/Shutterstock.com
In-post Photo #4: Image by Paulo Bobita