Loren Baker, the Founder of Search Engine Journal and Co-Founder of Foundation Digital, joined the SEJ ThinkTank on November 30th to share his link building expertise. Following his 45-minute presentation, he answered questions from attendees about the most effective ways to build – and keep – links.
The video recording, Loren’s slides, and the resources he mentioned during his presentation are listed below. Here are few highlights from the webinar:
Building Links in 2016
Loren gave a nearly hour-long presentation filled with examples, tools, and resources about link building. Here are a few highlights from his presentation. For a full recap, watch the video or view his slides below.
- Focus on building links to sites that are likely to grow and become more valuable over time.
- Create resources, like infographics, which are likely to get linked to from bigger sites.
- Majestic Trustflow is a close indicator of how much a site is trusted by Google. You can use this to determine if a site is worth getting a link from.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for links when a site mentions your brand, just take the time to build a relationship first.
- Directories are not dead, but you do need to make sure they are well-respected by Google.
Resources From Loren’s Webinar
- Resource to learn more about link building: SEJ’s SEO Guide: Link Building to Link Earning
- Loren’s last webinar on link building: How Native Advertising Helped SEJ Grow Revenue
- Majestic: Tool for researching backlinks
- SEMRush: Competitive research tool
- Infographic Journal: Site to share infographics
- Design Taxi: Another site to share infographics (these sometimes get picked up and shared by other publishers)
- ahrefs: Tool for tracking backlinks, mentions, and competitors
- BuzzSumo: Tool for analyzing what type of content gets shared the most
- Pixel Road Designs: Design company that creates high-quality infographics (Owned by Brent Cstouras, SEJ’s Chief Social Media Strategist)