Loren Baker, the Founder of Search Engine Journal and Co-Founder of Foundation Digital, joined the SEJ ThinkTank on November 30th to share his link building expertise. Following his 45-minute presentation, he answered questions from attendees about the most effective ways to build – and keep – links.
The video recording, Loren’s slides, and the resources he mentioned during his presentation are listed below. Here are few highlights from the webinar:
Building Links in 2016
Loren gave a nearly hour-long presentation filled with examples, tools, and resources about link building. Here are a few highlights from his presentation. For a full recap, watch the video or view his slides below.
- Focus on building links to sites that are likely to grow and become more valuable over time.
- Create resources, like infographics, which are likely to get linked to from bigger sites.
- Majestic Trustflow is a close indicator of how much a site is trusted by Google. You can use this to determine if a site is worth getting a link from.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for links when a site mentions your brand, just take the time to build a relationship first.
- Directories are not dead, but you do need to make sure they are well-respected by Google.
Resources From Loren’s Webinar
- Resource to learn more about link building: SEJ’s SEO Guide: Link Building to Link Earning
- Loren’s last webinar on link building: How Native Advertising Helped SEJ Grow Revenue
- Majestic: Tool for researching backlinks
- SEMRush: Competitive research tool
- Infographic Journal: Site to share infographics
- Design Taxi: Another site to share infographics (these sometimes get picked up and shared by other publishers)
- ahrefs: Tool for tracking backlinks, mentions, and competitors
- BuzzSumo: Tool for analyzing what type of content gets shared the most
- Pixel Road Designs: Design company that creates high-quality infographics (Owned by Brent Cstouras, SEJ’s Chief Social Media Strategist)
Watch Recorded Webinar
View Loren’s Slides
Join Us for Our Next Webinar!
Join our next webinar on Wednesday, March 27 at 2 PM Eastern as SEJ Executive Editor Danny Goodwin shares a repeatable process for auditing, evaluating and improving your existing content.