Local Search Rank Checker is a nice web-based tool that lets you check and track your local search engine positions efficiently. Here’s a quick overview of its features (you can run your own test drive and share your opinion: this doesn’t require any registration or payment)
Track Your Local Rankings
The tool is very easy to use. To start, you don’t even have to login: just provide the following details for a test drive:
- Your search terms (you can provide maximum of 25 local phrases for one free / basic report);
- Your domain name;
- Your country (US or UK)
- Your company details (optional);
- The search engines you want the tool to crawl:
View the Report
The resulting report contains the following details:
- Your current position in each search engine;
- Your last position;
- The type of the result (organic, directory listing, local – e.g. Google Places)
Here’s a quick infographic that gives an even more detailed explanation of what you get in your report:
You can export the report as a CSV and/or PDF file.
You can also report incorrect results in your find any.
A few more essential details you need to know when using the tool:
- It digs through the top 50 search results within all search engines and local search engines;
- Apart from the specified search engines, it also crawls local directories to spot the business mentions there.
Save the Report
As a user you can test it out for free 5 times before being prompted to register for a package and 30 day Free trial. An account allows you to save your reports. So you get a more complete experience when logged in.
You can also schedule a weekly or monthly ranking report and specify five email addresses to have the report emailed to.
Don’t Miss the Contest!
There’s a fun competition held on BrightLocal. The winner will get lifetime’s FREE access to the Local Search Rank Checker tool for themselves and for their favorite local business.