Andy Beal says that Yahoo Search Marketing is still not planning on supporting the old Overture Inventory tool, since the older tool is not accurately reflective of the true volume of search terms and traffic throughout the Yahoo Network, and that Yahoo will be working on a new, more updated and tailored tool for Y!SM in the future.
For the time being, Yahoo! plans to adjust the tool to show information from January 2007, but it’s also recommend that advertisers use the more robust forecasting capabilities in the new Sponsored Search to gain insight into expected performance. The forecasting service available now within Panama and through our APIs is a great alternative to Keyword Selector Tool in terms of providing keyword data points for performance and cost.
Our forecasting service APIs provide a number of opportunities. They provide a forecast for an ad group, set of keywords, and a single keyword. The following forecast metrics are provided:
- Average Position – The average position of the ad
- Clicks – The estimated number of clicks
- Average CPC – The average cost per click
- Impressions – The estimated number of impressions
- Max Bid – The maximum bid for the current forecast
- Missed Clicks – The estimated number of missed clicks