Linkedin, a professional networking social site has just announced the introduction applications that enable you to collaborate on projects, get key insights, and present your work to the world’s largest professional network.Currently they have not opened the platform up to all developers but rather evaluate the requests to develop for the linkedin platform. At this time linkedin is attempting to monitor and approve only applications that provideclear business utility to linkedin users. If you have a application that you think would be a great fit for linkedin you can submit a request.
Linkedin Application Launch List (Descriptions taken from linkedin)
1. Amazon Reading List – Amazon’s Reading List application allows you to discover what the people in your network and industry are reading. Start by adding the books that are relevant to you– those that you’re planning to, are currently, or have already read. Likewise you can then discover the latest books that your network and peers in your industry are reading.
2. Huddle Work Space – Huddle Workspaces, is a free service that allows you to collaborate with any of your connections privately and securely. Instantly create a project and invite specific connections to join in and collaborate. Brainstorm, exchange ideas with discussion forums, and monitor your progress with RSS feeds. Forget the days of sending around email attachments, as Huddle allows you to directly co-edit your documents and spreadsheets and keeps track of the changes made as a team.
3. Box.net – The box.net application helps you share your important data on LinkedIn. Collaborate, share, and exchange your important documents with your specific connections on LinkedIn. In addition to providing free storage and collaboration features, you can also feature key documents directly on your profile. Perfect to showcase your latest work, past deals, or portfolio.
4. Slideshare – Share your presentations with your colleagues and connections LinkedIn. With the Share your presentations with your colleagues and connections on LinkedIn. With the SlideShare application, you can view the presentations of all your connections, find experts for certain industries and topics, and share important presentations with your own connections and the rest of the LinkedIn network. You can reinforce your professional reputation by embedding SlideShare presentations in your LinkedIn profile to feature your portfolio and work.
5. Blog Link - Connect your blog to your LinkedIn profile and get the most of your relationships. Blog Link helps you and your professional network stay connected. Blog Link automatically pulls in the latest blog posts from around your network so you can stay up-to-date on the latest posts from your trusted connections.
6. Company Buzz – What are your customers saying about your company? Every second thousands of people are sending out messages about companies and industries on blogs, twitter, and across the internet. Company Buzz taps into this information for you, to find the relevant trends and comments about your company.
7. My Travel by Triplt – See where your trusted professional network is traveling to and when you will be in the same city as your colleagues. The My Travel application allows you to easily meet up at the next industry event or re-connect with old friends.
8. Google Presentations – Google presentations are a professional way to introduce yourself and your work. Add a presentation to your LinkedIn profile to showcase a recent talk or presentation, display a visual portfolio of your professional accomplishments, or introduce yourself to recruiters and professional contacts viewing your profile. It’s easy to get started. Upload a Powerpoint file or use Google’s free online application to create your presentation, then post it to your profile for others to view.
9. Wordpress – Looking to connect your WordPress blog with LinkedIn? The WordPress Application allows you to connect and stay connected with your Linkedin network by syncing your WordPress blog posts with your LinkedIn profile. Once added you can select to filter your posts with a special LinkedIn tag in addition to displaying your personal WordPress icon.
As someone that uses many of these services I am excited about being able to integrate them with linkedin. Be on the lookout for additional applications to come online soon.