Are you struggling with building (or earning) a solid link profile? Want to know how to prioritize opportunities and identify which strategies will win you links? Last week, SEJ ThinkTank hosted a webinar for you!
Kevin Rowe, Founder and CEO of Rowe Digital, joined SEJ ThinkTank on January 25th to examine the link profiles for top ranking sites based on his analysis of more than 500 keywords. He also shared the strategies required to build similar profiles. Here is a recap of the webinar he gave, including a video recording and his slides.
Link Building Takeaways
During the webinar, Kevin gave a 20-minute presentation then took questions live from the audience. To get the most out of his presentation, I highly recommend watching the full video.
Here are a few takeaways:
- Link building is not just about a few links to one’s pages. Over time, you’re building your authority and profile.
- A page that has a link coming from the home page has a tendency to have a higher Domain Authority (DA) even though it doesn’t have a lot of links pointing to it.
- Getting a higher DA or Page Authority (PA) is all about link profiles. It’s not only about links pointing to a page but it’s also about internal links and how authority is being passed through. You should have a mixture of high-quality and medium-quality links.
- Link strategies of top sites include:
- Creating unique content and reinforcing that content during your influencer outreach to generate those links
- Categorically relevant article feeds
- In-content links with engagement strategies
- Assets for success include:
- Key conversion pages
- Product/service giveaways
- Relationships you have with people that you build up over time will help you generate links. People will be more willing to link back to you if you have a relationship with them.
Resources From Kevin’s Webinar
- BuzzSumo: Research tool to identify possible linking opportunities or topics you want to engage with
- Yesware: Outreach tool that creates a unique email for anyone you want to reach out to then track whether or not they open it so you can tailor your approach to each individual you’re reaching out to
- Advanced Link Manager or Advanced Web Ranking: Analytics tool to automatically identify if someone you reached out to placed a link on their website
- Screaming Frog: Tool to identify broken links
- Group High: Listing of sites you can reach out to
- BuzzStream: Inexpensive link building tool
Watch the Video Recap
View Kevin’s Slides
Join Us for Our Next Webinar!
Join Us Text: Join our next live webinar on Wednesday, June 26 at 2 p.m. ET as we Directive’s Garret Mehrguth shares actionable tips on how to “pay for SEO” in order to drive qualified leads.