This is the wrap-up of the most popular posts and announcements on SEJ over the previous week. Newsletter subscribers are the first to receive this and other updates.
A Beginner’s Guide to Social Media Strategy
The role of social media in SEO and the question whether SEO is impacted by social media at all is often debated. This week’s top article briefly sums up if and how SEO is impacted by social networks and go over instantly implementable best practices that are proven to be effective.
VIP contributor Christina Baldassarre has put together a completely beginner-friendly guide to setting up an effective social media strategy. This is article is a section of our soon to be completely redone SEO Guide. Enjoy!
Improve Your SEO Campaign Using These Tools
As you begin to focus on your SEO and digital marketing campaign, you’ll need to regularly make updates and changes. You’ll need to stay up to date on the latest trends in the industry and utilize numerous tools and resources to get the most of your digital strategy.
SEJ contributor Ryan Clutter has rounded up some of the latest industry tools, some of which are completely free to use, and put them together all in one comprehensive resource. This article is a section of our soon to be completely redone SEO Guide. Enjoy!
Popular Search Marketing Posts
Here is a rundown of the most popular posts on SEJ from last week:
- A Beginner’s Guide to Social Media Strategy, by Christina Baldassarre
- Improve Your SEO Campaign Using These Tools, by Ryan Clutter
- Crawling and Indexability: Improve Your Presence on Google in 5 Steps, by Irina Hey
- What’s Next in Search?, by Anne Ahola Ward
- Why Should You Update Your Old Content?, by Danny Goodwin
- How Do You Build a Cohesive Search Strategy?, by Anna Crowe
- Boost E-Commerce Conversions (Without Spending a Year Studying), by Matt Orlic
- Google Announces AMP for Ads and Landing Pages, by Matt Southern
- What Are the PPC Best Practices for 2016?, by Rocco Baldassarre
- Twitter Announces Application Form to Verify Account, by Kelsey Jones
Download This Week’s Episode of Marketing Nerds
In this episode of Marketing Nerds, Mary Bowling of Ignitor Digital and LocalU sits down with SEJ Executive Editor Kelsey Jones to talk about local SEO and what businesses should be focusing on when optimizing for their local presence. They also talked about how the new voice and mobile search technology influences local SEO and what review sites businesses should be focusing on. Finally, Mary and Kelsey discussed content marketing for local SEO and what type of content is going to bring customers to your website. Listen to the full episode, or download the MP3 here.
Sign up for Our Next Webinar
Join our next SEJ ThinkTank webinar on July 27th at 1pm EST with Patrick Hutchison, Product Marketing Manager of Marin, for a sponsored webinar: “The Search Marketer’s Guide to Turning Online Browsing Into Online Buying.” You will learn comprehensive best practices and easily implemented strategies that will set you on the path to online retail success.
Featured Image: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #1: Image by Christina Baldassarre
In-post Photo #2: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #3: MPF_Technology/DepositPhotos.com
In-post Photo #4: Image by Paulo Bobita