This is the wrap-up of the most popular posts and announcements on SEJ over the previous week. Newsletter subscribers are the first to receive this and other updates.
Research Reveals Who is Using DuckDuckGo and Why
A new report published this week by SimilarWeb reveals what type of users are opting for the privacy-focused search engine DuckDuckGo, and why they’re using that search engine over alternatives.
From looking at the kinds of sites frequented by both sets of users, you can learn a lot about the people who choose DuckDuckGo over more mainstream search engines. Learn more in this week’s top news story.
Optimize Your Content for Google’s Rich Answer Box
So how does Google decide which content to display in its Answer Boxes, and how can we optimize our content to give it the best chance of being featured? SEJ contributor Anna Francis has the answer in this week’s top SEO strategy post.
Popular Search Marketing Posts
Here is a rundown of the most popular posts on SEJ from last week:
- New Research Reveals Who is Using DuckDuckGo and Why, by Matt Southern
- How to Optimize Your Content for Google’s Rich Answer Box, by Anna Francis
- 10 Tips to Make Content Marketing Work for Small Budgets, by Neil Patel
- Google to Surface Real-Time Results During Presidential Debates, by Matt Southern
- SEO 101: Link Building: What Not to Do, by Marieke van de Rakt / [AD] AuthorityLabs: Helping You Track and Choose the Right Keywords
- What’s the Effect of Adding a “Retweet” CTA to Your Tweets, by Brent Carndruff
- SEO 101: The First 7 Links You Should Build in 2016, by David Farkas
- 3 Reasons You Need Brand Tracking, by Michael Illas
- Google’s AdWords App Finally Comes to iPhone, by Matt Southern
- Why Content Campaigns Fail, by Aaron Agius
Download This Week’s Episode of Marketing Nerds
In today’s episode, Danny Goodwin of Momentology joins SEJ Executive Editor, Kelsey Jones, for a discussion on how a journalism background makes you a better online writer and editor. They also discuss where to find good industry content to keep you current, as well as their best advice for pitching and getting published in major publications. Listen to the full episode, or download the MP3 here.
Featured Image: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #1: Den Rise/Shutterstock.com
In-post Photo #2: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #3: faithie/Shutterstock.com
In-post Photo #4: Image by Paulo Bobita