This is the wrap-up of the most popular posts and announcements on SEJ over the previous week. Newsletter subscribers are the first to receive this and other updates.
The Ultimate Guide to WhatsApp Marketing
Text marketing, once yesterday’s news with SMS, is being rejuvenated by mobile messenger apps such as WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, WeChat, Viber, and others. With the ubiquity of chat apps, it’s no surprise marketers are exploring ways to connect with their audiences.
But the question is, how should you jump on the WhatsApp marketing brandwagon (pun intended)? SEJ contributor Jes Stiles answers that question in this week’s top post.
Only 23% of SEOs Implementing AMP, 50% Believe it Will Affect Rankings
In an exclusive study conducted by SEO PowerSuite, some revealing findings were uncovered as to how SEOs are responding to Google’s Accelerated Mobile Pages project two months out.
The goal of the study was to identify SEOs’ awareness of the AMP launch, gauge the impact they believe it will have on mobile search results, and learn actions they plan to take as a result.
Learn the general consensus about AMP two months after launch in this week’s top news post.
Popular Search Marketing Posts
Here is a rundown of the most popular posts on SEJ from last week:
- The Ultimate Guide to WhatsApp Marketing, by Jes Stiles
- Only 23% of SEOs Implementing AMP, 50% Believe it Will Affect Rankings, by Matt Southern
- Facebook’s News Feed Algorithm Now Factors in Viewing Time, by Matt Southern
- 9 Google Chrome Shortcuts You Probably Didn’t Know About, by Andre Bourque
- Google AdWords Positions 1 and 4 Show Post Potential, by Matt Southern / [AD] How to Optimize Your Content For More Search Traffic Using Ahrefs
- A 15-Point Checklist to Make Sure You’re Publishing Worthwhile Content, by Julia McCoy
- Marketing Automation With James Loomstein on #MarketingNerds, by Brent Csutoras
- Creating a Sustainable Marketing Strategy [INFOGRAPHIC], by Aki Libo-on
- 83% of Local SEO Experts Say Quality of Citations More Important Than Quantity, by Aki Libo-on
- 4 Tips for Successful Event Marketing, by Meg Cabrera
Download This Week’s Episode of Marketing Nerds
In this week’s episode of Marketing Nerds, WEBRIS founder Ryan Stewart joins SEJ Features Editor Danielle Antosz to talk about outreach and how to do it right. Ryan shares how to identify the best outreach opportunities and how to write the perfect pitch.
Featured Image: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #1: Image by Jes Stiles
In-post Photo #2: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #3: ktsdesign via Shutterstock enhanced by Matt Southern
In-post Photo #4: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #5: Image by Paulo Bobita