To celebrate our new SEO guide, we are beginning two glorious months of #SEJLive sessions with some of the top SEO experts in the industry. To kick it off, we had Eric Enge of Stone Temple Consulting.
Watch more SEJ Live Sessions by following our schedule or viewing past sessions on our Facebook page.
This week, Eric answered questions from the SEJ community on how to handle penalties, sudden drops in traffic, and other “worst case scenarios” in SEO. Eric appeared LIVE on our Facebook page:
Some of the SEO questions Eric answered include:
- How will you know if your SEO strategy is wrong?
- How should you handle penalties from Google Console?
- Is it advisable to change your SEO strategy midway its execution if you see sudden drops in traffic?
- How can you clean up link related problems?
- How do you know if your content strategy is aligned with Google’s content policies?
- How do you file reconsideration requests?
- What other types of Google penalties should we be aware of?
- How should you recover from a major Google penalty?
- Is there such a thing as Murphy’s law in SEO?
- How do you enforce your suggested strategies at Stone Temple Consulting?
- What practices have you discovered to avoid Google penalties?
- Is it correct to say that long-term SEO strategies do not change, we must instead learn the basics and execute consistently.
Featured image made by author on Canva, using illustration by Paulo Bobita.