CODE OF CONDUCT
Search Engine Journal (SEJ) events are intended for networking and collaboration in the digital marketing community. We value the participation of each member and want all attendees to have an enjoyable and fulfilling experience. Accordingly, all attendees are expected to show respect and courtesy to other attendees throughout all events hosted by SEJ.
To make clear what is expected, all attendees, speakers, sponsors, organizers, and volunteers must abide by the following policy. Organizers will enforce this code throughout the event.
Examples of encouraged behavior that contributes to a positive environment include:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism
- Focusing on what is best for everyone at the event
- Showing empathy toward other participants
Unacceptable behavior includes:
- The use of sexualized language or imagery, inappropriate talk/chat language, sexual attention, or advances
- Trolling, insulting or derogatory comments, personal or political attacks, or sustained disruption of events
- Harassment of any kind, even in a joking or ironic manner
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting
Reporting an Incident
If, while at an SEJ event, you have been involved or have witnessed an incident that violates this Code of Conduct, please use our confidential reporting form to let event organizers know immediately. Share as much information as you can to help us make a thorough investigation of the incident.
SEJ will investigate all incidents reported at an event with discretion and confidentiality. SEJ reserves the right to bar any person who violates this Code of Conduct from attending or expel the person without refund.
Thank you for helping to make this a welcoming, friendly space for all.