The ability to access almost any search engine right from your browser is awesome:
- you have all engines in one place;
- you can switch from engine to engine with one mouse click;
- you save time and space: easy-to-use drop down menu to choose the engine you need;
- you can enjoy quick and easy installation (besides, most of these search plugins work for both FireFox and Internet Explorer);
- you get plenty of search options without making your browser work slower (unlike with many of extensions).
FireFox search plugins for SEOs:
1. Google and Yahoo (if you don’t have their dedicated toolbars installed);
2.Urban dictionary – to search for your keyword slang and urban synonyms and definitions.
3.The Free Dictionary – to research your keyword related terms, definitions and synonyms.
4.Whois Look-up – to quickly find a domain registrant’s details.
5.Summize – to get instant access to Twitter live conversation search.
6.Facebook search – to find people and build connections.
7.Google unpersonalized search – to turn off personalized search in Google.
8.Google without Wikipedia – to get rid of wiki results in Google SERPs.
9.Alexa – search to access any website traffic details instantly.
10.Del.icio.us – tag search to expand your keyword research with del.icio.us related tags and to find recent valuable information.
11.Geoip lookup – to find out geo location of any IP address or domain name.
12.Internet Archive Wayback machine – to learn how the site previously looked like.
13.Smart Page Rank – to get plenty of aggregated data (Alexa traffic, registration date, backlinks, etc) on a given website (note: PR function isn’t working).
14.Quantcast – to access any website traffic and demographics stats.
15.Reddit – to search recent popular submissions.
16.TinyURL – to quickly and easily create short URLs.
17.W3C Markup Validator – to check any page HTML errors.
18.Wordtracker – to run quick keyword research with WT free version.
19.Technorati – to quickly check any blog reactions.
20.LinkedIn – to search people related to your business.
How to add a new search plugin?
There two easy ways to do that:
- Navigate to the site you need and click “Add engine” from the drop-down menu;
- Search the huge directory of available search plugins and click the one you want to instantly install it.
How to create a search plugin?
Here are 2 valuable easy to use guides on creating a search plugin: