I’ve said quite a few times that the key to an effective link building success is proper organization. Oftentimes we need to accomplish so many various tasks when building links that solid management and organization is a must: we need to brainstorm various link building ideas (and document the effectiveness of each), store the potential link partners’ contacts (for further reference), track each link status, plan further actions, etc.
Raven tools offer quite a few really handy options that will cover most of link builder’s need. So let’s take a quick snapshot of what the tools have to offer:
First, add all the backlinks you need to keep an eye on:
- Specify the link status (if it is queued, active, declined, etc);
- Provide the link details (anchor text, URL);
- Select the link type (user submitted; Content exchange, paid, blog comment, organic link, Competitor backlink)
- Set the listing creation date (to track the status, etc);
- Specify the link placement (where it is located, the type of the linking site, etc);
- Provide the link tags (for further reference and analysis)
- (Optionally) Assign tasks and add comments. If you’re a task administrator, you can assign a link record task to another user on your account.
You can also add links in bulk. The Import Links link options is located at the bottom of the Link Manager page. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the Import Links link.
After your current and potential backlinks are added, you might want to do the following:
- Select the ones you want to keep track of and add them to monitoring;
- Generate and export reports on your link building based on the time frame.