A while ago I discussed how you could manually evaluate your competition by comparing the key phrase inachor: and intitle: results. Today I’ll add a few online tools that can also be very helpful in measuring your SERPs competition.
1. Nichewatch (free) looks into top 10 Google results for a given phrase and lets you compare them by letting you compare:
- their backlinks to the domain in Yahoo;
- backlinks to the webpage in Yahoo;
- Goolge PR of a domain and a page (both currently broken);
- keyphrase occurrences on web page;
- pages indexed of domain in Yahoo;
- their rankings for allinanchor: Google rank;
- rankings for allintitle: Google rank;
- rankings for allintext: Google rank.
2. Keyword difficulty tool (for SEOmoz premium members) will estimate the level of competition by looking into (for both Yahoo and Google):
- page strength (calculated by another cool SEOmoz tool);
- page backlinks;
- domain backlinks;
- domain age;
- number of .edu and .gov links;
- Alexa Rank
- internal link ratio;
- Del.icio.us links;
- Technorati links;
- DMOZ links;
- Wiki. links;
- Google PR.
3. Compete.com (paid with several free searches) will also list your direct competitors for a certain keyword and some interesting additional info you will like:
- site share – i.e. how much the site traffic relies on this keyword referral traffic;
- the site average monthly search referrals.