How much do you search daily? If you are a reader of this blog, I bet you search quite a lot. That’s why I am sharing more and more various search tools here every week. Today I am going to offer another cool search utility that you may find useful.
Basically (and among other features), the addon allows to quickly access more search options:
- For highlighted text;
- From Google search results page.
Here’s how it works:
1. Scan through any web document and find some words or phrases that you need more explanation for;
2. Select these phrase and instantly get access to Google, Twitter, Wikipedia and OneRiot search engines (in the “Popup Bubble”):
3. Choose Google and get access to even more search engines right from Google SERPs:
4. Customize which sites you want to see in the Popup Bubble. Supported search engines include:
- Surf Canyon;
You can also turn off the popup bubble whatsoever or customize its behavior:
And here’s the customized bubble:
We have seen quite a few more FireFox addons that make web searching faster and more fun:
- 11 FireFox Extensions to Search Google Properly: the post lists some cool ways to customize Google SERPs;
- 3 Ways to Customize Google Search in FireFox: the post provides some tips on how to make searching Google with FireFox easier and quicker;
- Featured FireFox Addon: Search Any Site with Google: the post shares a Greasemonkey scrip that allows to easily access Google’s SITE: operator;
- Featured FireFox Addon: Google Enhancer: the post shares an addon that allows to quicker access some of the Google’s advanced operators.
The tool was shared under SEJ policy.