What you really need is (1) to understand the good old KISS principle (just keep it as simple as possible), (2) take any rumors and myths (even if they come from trustful sources) with a grain of salt and (3) bookmark some easy-to-implement, step-by-step tutorials.
This post is an effort to give you a clearly defined and easy to comprehend guide on the steps to optimize your business for local search: enjoy!
I have taken the following steps to promote my business in local search:I have displayed my full business contact information clearly on my site. I am taking advantage of these placements to make my contact information stand out and easy to find:
- Title of the page (especially for the contact page);
- Meta description of the contact page and “About us” page (to be displayed in SERPs)
- Bottom of each page throughout the site (bottom of the page is the traditional placement for contact information, so most visitors will first look for it there – I don’t make my visitors search for my contact info; it is right there where they are used to seeing it).
- 411 Canada;
- Australia’s local search engine and Australia Business Directory
- UK’s local search engine.
- Local Search Ranking Factors (2009 edition!)
- Local search guide;
- The Guide to International Citations for Local Search;
- Facebook Pages & Local Search Engine Optimization;
- Local Search : User Recommendations Make Your Business Money
- Enhance Your Google Local Listings
- 3 Keys To Success For Local Search SEO
Did I miss anything? Please add in the comments!