Is crafting an effective link building strategy part of your goals for 2017? Are you finding it difficult to do because you’re in an industry that’s considered “boring”? Are you looking for link building strategies that can be applied to your less-than-exciting industry? Last week, SEJ ThinkTank hosted a webinar for you!
Our very own Loren Baker, SEJ’s Founder, joined SEJ ThinkTank on February 8th to discuss how to effectively strategize and employ link acquisition for uninteresting industries such as plumbing, real estate, carpet cleaning, and more. He also shared content marketing strategies and relatable examples that can actually be applied to those industries. Here is a recap of the webinar he gave, including a video recording and his slides.
Link Building Takeaways
During the webinar, Loren gave a 40-minute presentation then took questions live from the audience. To get the most out of his presentation, I highly recommend watching the full video.
Here are a few takeaways:
- A link is a result of good marketing, good relationship building, and good outreach.
- Users search for local services near them so manage your local listings and citations. By doing this, you get more customers to your site and also add SEO value to your site.
- Do some local searches to see where you can list your business.
- Utilizing press or PR is a great way to get links. Check which local radio stations invite local businesses and ask if they can interview you about your business. Some radio stations put your interview on their website or YouTube channel and can even link back to you.
- Content marketing strategies you can employ and that can get you links include:
- Guest blogging
- Starting your own industry blog or newsletter
- Creating more visual content including videos, slideshows, infographics
- Creating case studies on how you built your business
- Funny/viral/resourceful content
Resources From Loren’s Webinar
- Yext: Manage your local business listing
- Whitespark: Identify various classifieds or local directories to list your business in and get a link back to you
- Chamber of Commerce: Localized sections and directories you can add your business to
- Infographic Journal: Blog that publishes the best infographics daily. Gets own traffic and direct links, posts do go viral. You can submit your infographic to them and if your infographic has good design and content, they’ll link to you.
- DesignTAXI: Design site that highlights best design stories and pieces of content online. Very infographic friendly and bloggers will embed and share from DesignTaxi.
- Realty Times: One of the most well-known realty sites. Register with them if you’re a real estate agent and you can upload content and they can link back to your site.
- Bigger Pockets: One of the leaders in real estate investment. You can sign up to be a guest blogger and they allow topics from agents, lenders, credit lenders, etc.
Watch the Full Video or Listen to the Podcast
Watch the Video Recap
View Loren’s Slides
Join Us for Our Next Webinar!
Want to create top-ranking content that satisfies both the search engine and the user? Join our next webinar on Wednesday, January 30 at 2 PM Eastern as we take a deep dive into content strategy for 2019 and beyond.