I have reviewed numerous rank checkers as well as SERPs trackers and ranking comparison tools in the past. But that’s always great to have a choice. So this time I am reviewing a new player in the field – a nice looking keyword position checking and monitoring utility.
KPMRS is a web-based tool where you can quickly check your site rankings for one word in Google, Yahoo and Bing (without login) as well set up tracking for as many as 5 words per site and multiple domains (after you join).
Inside you will find:
- Handy and usable interface (I like the way you can quickly switch between domains and keywords);
- Email alerts once your rankings change;
- Ranking history (graphed on a flash chart);
- Exporting and printing options;
- Social activity tracker;
- Backlink tracker (it’s just about the number of your site backlinks based on Yahoo! and Alexa);
- Facebook integration (to “share your rankings with Facebook friends”).
The features I personally enjoyed:
I really liked the email alert feature which seems to work pretty well. The email alert looks like this:
The link in the email brings to the brief report showing how rankings have changed:
Keyword position change is represented on a handy graph:
What I didn’t really like:
- Inadequate navigation options: for example that change report I mentioned above lacks any linked numbers. I’d love to click on the position number to be taken to the actual graph.
- Only 5 keywords per domain.
- No social activity tracker: you can check the actual numbers but why not add some tracking ability?
Conclusion: a very easy-to-use useful tool for small sites and blogs.
More related reviews:
- RankSense (for a serious approach);
- Exact Factor (rank checking and comparison);
- SheerSEO (which has switched to paid model).
The tool was reviewed under SEJ policy.