We know that keyword research is crucial for SEO. We also know that we can never consider this task completed. We are in constant quest for new fresh keyword phrases, some of which can turn out to be gold, others will be no use – we don’t know which ones until we analyze them and even try them.
Therefore trying new keyword research tools is so helpful. So this time I am reviewing a keyword suggestions tool that is completely new to me.
Actual Keywords is a newly-launched keyword research tool (that can be a good alternative / addition to WordTracker and Keyword discovery).
I wasn’t able to locate "official" information on sources and data acquisition, so I went ahead and asked the developer about that. Here’s what the tool is based on (according to the developers):
We collect data from sources like Dogpile for 3 years and accurately clean up all the garbage keywords (keys longer than 6 words in it, extremely non popular keys and so on). Full base consists of last 12 month of collecting, so always fresh and actual.
So looks like the service maintains its own database and thus can provide some new words (other than tools you’ve been using so far).
The tool is paid but offers a couple of great features completely for free:
- The list keyword phrases for any term / phrase you enter. This list consists of 100 top suggestions (which is more than WordTracker and Keyword Discovery free plans). Besides the terms, you’ll see the number of results for each one per Google and popularity of each (based on the service internal algorithm and data). If you register a free account, you won’t have to enter the captcha.
- A few full packages for popular phrases (like ‘adult dating’ and ‘how to’) for you to evaluate the quality before signing up.
The best thing about the tool (which amazed me a lot) is that it supports wildcard search (that can be substituted by one letter) and also supports plural (unlike most of other keyword research tools); compare:
If you want to see more (1000) phrases and also get some cool filtering options (e,g, filter phrases by popularity or keyphrase length in words), you’ll nee to pay by subscribing, one-time payment or buying niche-based packages.
More keyword research tools:
- Free Keyword Research Tools – the Ultimate Guide;
- How to Use Social Media for Keyword Research;
- Keyword Research : Where to Start?
- 5 Tools for Keyword Brainstorming
The tool was reviewed under SEJ tool review policy.