Kevin started his career in marketing over 14 years ago, and has since worked for some of the largest fortune 500 companies. Kevin believes in a business model focused on what he calls the 3 R’s; Relationships, Results & ROI.
Part of building relationships involves finding the best endorsers for your content, which helps to enhance your credibility and allow your content to spread through word of mouth.
Before reaching out to these endorsers you first have to narrow down who you’re targeting by creating endorser profiles. Kevin explains how to do this in the video below:
Here are some key takeaways from the video:
- A lot of people are familiar with creating the ideal customer profile, but when you do this you’re completely leaving out the people who are going to endorse your content. Customers and endorsers are often different people.
- When you’re creating a marketing plan you want to create an endorse profile, which describes who the people are that will share your content, link to it, mention it, and so on.
- Create a persona for the endorser of your content, and then when you create content you will create it with these endorsers in mind.
- Endorsers have different needs than customers. Sometimes you can create content that targets both, and other times your content will only target one or the other.
- Kevin says endorsers will primarily vouch for your content by linking to it or sharing it on social media, but he also says not to neglect traditional media when creating your endorser profiles. He explains how he helped one of his clients get distribution in a magazine that goes out to the exact niche group the client was targeting.
Please visit SEJ’s YouTube page for more video interviews.
Subscribe to SEJ
Get our weekly newsletter from SEJ's Founder Loren Baker about the latest news in the industry!