Change is the only constant, and it sometimes is out of our control to judge the ever-changing world of search engine optimization. The message is loud and clear. Search engines are constantly updating the algorithms, and the SEO gurus have something or the other to say that scares the daylights out of major internet marketing companies. Apparently, this reasons account for the fact that Quality content is the winner all the way, as search engines would always admire a well written content.
Image Credit: Blurbpoint
For a better understanding, I have put together some simple tips which are divided into two, as more and more people are baffled nowadays regarding which of the following points they should focus more on:
A. Write for the Audience
B. Optimize for Search Engines
The fact is that, you need a combination of both. When these two features are incorporated together, what you will produce is some impressive content which will not only make the audience go awe-struck, but will also hypnotize the search engines. Let us start with the first point:
- Write for the Audience: The audience should always be pampered in the best possible way and what is more better than to fulfilling their needs. Your audience has the potential to become your customers, but how? Serve them with the information that they are looking for through content, which actually deserves to be read. And how do you create such content. Read on…
- The Beginning of an Idea: Gets lots and lots of ideas and throw the bad ones away, which would leave you with the best ideas you are looking for. Most people would often give less significance to brainstorming for getting ideas, putting all the emphasis on the creation process. Now, your creation may look very attractive from far, but when you come near and see that the foundation (read information) is not strong, it will take you nowhere. Your audience is looking for information which satisfies their curiosity. So, a perfect brainstorming process to get the best ideas should form the initial part of the content creation process.
- Write High Quality Content That Pleases the Reader: Show your expertise to the audience by writing in-depth content. Write something that explores the deep secrets of a given topic rather than shallow ones. A high quality, long, in-depth content has always proved its usefulness by getting more likes and shares as compared to short content which have nothing informative, and are created just for the sake of ranking on search engines.
- Write to make the content viral: Create a content that propels the audience to share and like. Present your audience the ultimate solution for their queries so that they don’t look up to other websites. Let me make it clear, the basic idea right now is to write and attract living humans towards your brand, rather than optimizing, the point which will be covered in the next section. The more quality content you publish, the more it will go viral eventually, helping to promote your brand which happens even before optimizing your website for search engines.
- Acknowledge: Thank your audience for sharing and liking your content and let them believe that their support is of utmost importance to you. Also, your audience may type some questions or queries in the comment box which needs to be answered promptly. Satisfy your customers with information that will remain in their memories and gradually, they would come to you for your products and services.
Half the battle is won when you implement the first set of steps. Do not forget that we are not looking for business from non-living search engine spiders. In fact, we need to woo the live visitors who would help in the process of enhancing our business opportunities, and the search engines are the medium for the same. Let’s move on to the second point now on how to optimize your content so that your targeted audience would see you for their information.
- Optimizing for search engines: It is an accepted fact that no matter how good your content is and how much you try to woo the audience, the results derived from the search engines will be higher as more and more people are resorting to search results to get information. So, how do you optimize your content to rank high on search engines and get the desired traffic?
- High in quality: I will swear by this once again that high quality content is needed. Search engines are only ranking you on the basis of your content. They will put the best content on the top. As mentioned earlier, a thorough brainstorming process will help you in creating a content high in quality, relevant and informative, which search engines would adore and rank high on SERP’s.
- Keyword Density: The insertion of your keywords should look natural rather than stuffed up. It is significant to use relevant keywords in your content as it gels well with the topic. Over-stuffing the keywords for the sake of SEO will only harm your brand rather than promoting it. Forget about unnaturally inserting the links as it will spoil the overall quality and the readers will find it disturbing.
- Use synonyms and other keyword variations: With the use of Latent Semantic Indexing (LSI) by major search engines, it is now possible to use the synonyms and also keyword and grammatical variations of the keywords which are entered by the audience. Thus, the use of such relevant variations would save you from stuffing keywords into your content.
- The Title and the Meta Description Tags: If you are looking to promote the content which is posted on your website, you should know that while categorizing, Google looks up to your title and meta tags. Although, it will not directly affect your rankings, it will certainly appear good in structure to Google.
- Distribution to reliable channels: Content could be in various forms namely, articles, press releases, videos, infographics, blogs, slideshows, directories and many others. Make sure that the content that you have created is distributed through right channels. Also, increase the visibility for your content by social networking and link-building methods.
- Analyze your content’s performance: Finally, analyze your SEO content to see how it is faring. Study what is working with the audience and implement the same strategies again with the future content and learn from the mistakes and make sure that the same are not repeated in future creations. Measure your success in terms of engagement, likes, shares, comments to name a few.
Closing Thoughts: So, the content rules and it will rule big time. In the future, I won’t be surprised if there is increased discussion on optimizing content as compared to Search engine optimization (SEO). There are innumerable things that you could do with SEO. But, if you don’t have an impressive content, you are just wasting your time. Remember, the live audiences also hold as much importance as do the search engines and ignoring any one of these would result into a content marketing disaster.