Yahoo Search Marketing Offers Suite of Paid Search Products
We did a big write up on Yahoo rebranding Overture and other paid search oriented offerings into Yahoo Search Marketing last Friday. However, incase you missed the post due to the weekend weather or wanted to see the brute force behind Yahoo’s $1,000,000,000 in revenue for the first quarter of 2005, here’s a recap and the official release from the Yahoo Search Marketing team.
Overture Services and a division of Yahoo, Inc., today announced that it has completed its brand change to Yahoo! Search Marketing in the U.S. and has launched its new advertiser center at http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com.
“Unifying all of our search marketing and related products under one umbrella is one of many steps we will be taking to provide an easy, one-stop experience for our advertisers,” said Steve Mitgang, senior vice president of product marketing, Yahoo! Search Marketing. “Over the past six months, we’ve introduced new product features and refined our infrastructure to make search marketing easier for our advertisers, and are very excited to continue that progress by launching our new Yahoo! Search Marketing site.”
The newly re-branded group brings together Yahoo!’s sponsored search offerings and listings submit products. Through Yahoo! Search Marketing, advertisers of all sizes can enjoy convenient access to the industry’s most comprehensive suite of search marketing products and related products and services.
In conjunction with the U.S. re-branding effort, Yahoo! Search Marketing has re-named and added several products in its suite of offerings:
* Sponsored Search, formerly Precision Match™, Yahoo!’s flagship search advertising product
* Content Match™, Yahoo!’s contextual advertising listings
* Local Sponsored Search, formerly Local Match™, Yahoo!’s local paid search offering
* Search Submit Express and Search Submit Pro, formerly Site Match Self Serve and Site Match Xchange, Yahoo! Search’s URL submission products
* Product Submit, the product URL submission program for listing on Yahoo! Shopping
* Directory Submit, previously Yahoo! Express, the Yahoo! Directory submission program
* Local Listings, business listings for Yahoo! Local search results
* Travel Submit, Yahoo’s new program that allows advertisers to submit offers and deals to Yahoo! Travel through an online account
* Marketing Console, the campaign performance tracking tool for multiple online channels
* Search Optimizer, the bid optimization tool for improving campaign performance
Yahoo! Search Marketing’s sponsored listings appear on Yahoo! and on sites participating in its distribution network, now called the Yahoo! Publisher Network.
Yahoo! Search Marketing’s international markets will be re-branded at a later date except for Japan and Korea, where the Overture brand will be maintained.