I’ve always believed that an SEO consultant should be a good linguist. Keyword research shouldn’t just include keyword suggestion tools and competitive analysis. Keyword research is an on-going process involving constant analytics and creative approach .
To understand what users are likely to search and how they are likely to use the terms, you should:
- analyze all term synonyms and related words and phrases;
- investigate all term derived words;
- research all term meanings and definitions, etc.
Visual thesaurus is a paid tool (with a free trial available) mind-mapping the core term related words and definitions.
The one-month price of the tool is only $2.95 but you can try it first to make sure that’s something you really need.
Some of the best thing you will be able to do with it:
- find words through their semantic relationship with other words and meanings;
- see its definition and example sentences that express that meaning (when you hover over a meaning);
- research different parts of speech (marked by different colors);
- discover term related meanings (the tool database contains 145,000 English words and 115,000 meanings);
- rotate word maps in three dimensions to reveal complex relationships.