Tune in to Marketing O’Clock, hosted by Jess Budde, Mark Saltarelli, and Christine “Shep” Zirnheld.
This week, the spread of stories seems to be neverending as both Twitter and LinkedIn create their own versions of this capability.
Plus, YouTube has a slew of new features but they can’t stop us from using on-air clickbait to get more views!
Twitter launches ‘Fleets’
The new Twitter posts can be accessed by clicking on a user’s avatar, expire after 24 hours, and can’t be replied to publicly.
Shep tells you why Twitter users aren’t happy about the announcement.
New Features for Youtube Creators
Jess tells us about the exciting new capabilities including a mid-roll video editor and notification analytics.
Compare Metrics Side-By-Side in YouTube
The new feature added to the “deep dive” section of the YouTube analytics dashboard allows creators to compare multiple metrics in the same graph.
Our take of the week is a fun game we discovered from Michelle Morgan on Twitter.
Tune in to find out how we got from Shrimp to Chanel in less than a minute!
New game. It’s called “Broad Match”.
One person starts by saying a word, then the next person says something they think it would match to using broad match.
The best part is that since broad match is garbage, you can really just say whatever you want!
— Michelle M (@michellemsem) February 24, 2020
Then, we answer these digital marketing questions during our lightning round.
- Who can help you turn 2D images into 3D masterpieces?
- What is Nextdoor doing to sell more ads on the network?
- When will Google switch to mobile-first indexing for all websites?
- Where can you find Optimization scores in the Google Ads App?
- Why did Google cancel their GoogleIO event?
- How many Google My Business Listings can a car dealership have?
For more information on today’s articles, head over to the Marketing O’Clock site. While you’re there, please subscribe so you don’t miss a single episode!
Thank you to our sponsors!
- Ahrefs – An all-in-one SEO toolset that gives you the tools you need to rank your website in Google and get tons of search traffic.
- Opteo – Helps Google Ads managers automate time-consuming manual tasks so they can spend more time on high-level strategy and creative work.
Featured Image: Samantha Hanson, Cypress North