1. Let’s Suppose I Have 2 campaigns:
UK – Phrase match and US – Phrase match. Each campaign has four AdGroups, called AdGroup 1, AdGroup 2, AdGroup 3, AdGroup 4. UK and US have the same AdGroups with the same keywords. The US campaign runs on a .com domain while the UK campaign runs on a .co.uk domain.
2. I want to create four site links per campaign.
However, for internal tracking purposes I have to add an identifier in the URL of the site links of each adgroup. The identifiers is:
3. The final excel file should look like the following:
4.Now. Let’s Have a Look at the Editor:
5. Google just applied the four site links of one AdGroup to all AdGroups…
…because it considered them duplicates even though the URLs had different identifiers and in case of the United States a different domain.
How can we solve such an issue?
1. Let’s sort the excel table by Link Text
(Smaller screenshot to facilitate the reading)
2. Let’s add a modifier to all site links such as the ones below
( I strongly suggest using numbers since they are easily generated in excel. I am now using letters to not confuse readers with the site links text.)