On Wednesday, April 6th, SEJ’s Social Producer, Caitlin Rulien, joined the SEJ Think Tank to give a presentation on how to succeed on social media when you are working with limited resources – either because you have limited time, a small staff, or a very small budget. Her tips and tools are particularly useful if you own or work for a small business or non-profit.
A few Tips Caitlin Shared Include:
- Determine who your audience is and what drives them.
- Figure out what channel your target audience is on and focus your efforts there, instead of trying to be everywhere at once.
- Abide by the 80/20 rule!
- You can’t do it alone – make the most of the resources you do have, including volunteers and scheduling tools.
Tools & Resources Mentioned: (in the order mentioned)
- Technology infographic
- Puppy Love video
- Twitter Lists
- Sites to find free images
- Page Insights help (Facebook)
- Twitter Analytics
Listen to these Marketing Nerds episodes to learn more!
Caitlin has been on two episodes of our podcast to share more information on social media and influencer networking. You can listen to them below.
Marketing Nerds Podcast: Social Media Tips for Non-Profits
Marketing Nerds Podcast: Examining Organic Promotion and Influencer Networking
Watch the Video Recap:
View Caitlin’s Slides
Join Us for Our Next Webinar!
Want to know what strategies your business can leverage to be at the forefront of this change?
Join our next webinar on Wednesday, July 24 at 2 p.m. ET as Milestone’s Michelle Robbins, Christi Olson of Bing, and VMWare’s Punnyatowa Ghosh discuss top search trends, schemas, and how voice search is impacting online opportunities in 2019.