On Wednesday, April 6th, SEJ’s Social Producer, Caitlin Rulien, joined the SEJ Think Tank to give a presentation on how to succeed on social media when you are working with limited resources – either because you have limited time, a small staff, or a very small budget. Her tips and tools are particularly useful if you own or work for a small business or non-profit.
A few Tips Caitlin Shared Include:
- Determine who your audience is and what drives them.
- Figure out what channel your target audience is on and focus your efforts there, instead of trying to be everywhere at once.
- Abide by the 80/20 rule!
- You can’t do it alone – make the most of the resources you do have, including volunteers and scheduling tools.
Tools & Resources Mentioned: (in the order mentioned)
- Technology infographic
- Puppy Love video
- Twitter Lists
- Sites to find free images
- Page Insights help (Facebook)
- Twitter Analytics
Listen to these Marketing Nerds episodes to learn more!
Caitlin has been on two episodes of our podcast to share more information on social media and influencer networking. You can listen to them below.
Marketing Nerds Podcast: Social Media Tips for Non-Profits
Marketing Nerds Podcast: Examining Organic Promotion and Influencer Networking
Watch the Video Recap:
View Caitlin’s Slides
Join Us for Our Next Webinar!
Join our next webinar by Brent Csutoras, SEJ’s Chief Social Media Strategist titled “Is Your Brand Missing Out on Reddit?” on August 10th, 1pm EST to learn from recent examples of big brand successes on this hyper-engaged social platform, and run through ideas for your own brand’s Reddit strategy.