This is the wrap-up of the most popular posts and announcements on SEJ over the previous week. Newsletter subscribers are the first to receive this and other updates.
What is HTTP/2 and How Will it Affect Your SEO
HTTP/2 is a much needed refresh. Switching from HTTP/1.1 to HTTP/2 leads to improvements in communication between browsers and servers, reducing load times.
SEJ contributor Patrick Stox says websites need to switch from HTTP/1.1 to HTTP/2, adding that it’s easier than you think there are no disadvantages to doing it. Learn more about HTTP/2 and how it can positively affect your SEO in this week’s top post.
6 Ways to Use Google Analytics You Haven’t Thought Of
Unfortunately, says SEJ contributor Ryan Hanley, many marketers and business owners have limited understanding of how to get the most out of Google Analytics. Hanley says Google Analytics has a wide variety of features that most marketers aren’t taking advantage of, and breaks down 6 of them for you. Read the full post here.
Popular Search Marketing Posts
Here is a rundown of the most popular posts on SEJ from last week:
- What is HTTP2 and How Will it Affect Your SEO?, by Patrick Stox
- 6 Ways to Use Google Analytics You Haven’t Thought Of, by Ryan Hanley
- The 2016 Guide to Local Search Optimization, by Brent Carndruff
- 5 Unconventional Examples of Content Marketing, by Ryan Stewart
- 5 Crucial Content Creation Tactics You Might Be Missing Out On, by Julia McCoy / [AD] 6 Quick Tips to Improve Landing Page Conversion Rates
- Wikipedia Working on a Search Engine to Compete With Google, by Matt Southern
- 10 Amazing Lessons From Being an Entrepreneur, by Larry Kim
- 5 Tips to Boost Your Content Creation Team’s Time and Productivity, by Julia McCoy
- Twitter Introduces a Non-Reverse-Chronological Timeline, by Matt Southern
- Google to Provide 24-Hour AdWords Support During the Week, by Matt Southern
Download This Week’s Episode of Marketing Nerds
In this week’s episode, author of the book Trust Me, I’m Lying: Confessions of a Media Manipulator, marketer, and entrepreneur Ryan Holiday joins SEJ Executive Editor, Kelsey Jones, to talk about the surprising benefits of writing on what you’re passionate about. They also talked about how marketers can build genuine relationships with their audiences without thinking of sales as their top priority.