This is the wrap-up of the most popular posts and announcements on SEJ over the previous week. Newsletter subscribers are the first to receive this and other updates.
Google is Not a Search Engine, Says EU
According to legislation adopted by the European Union, Google is not considered to be a search engine. The decision will also declare that Bing, Yahoo and DuckDuckGo are not search engines either.
So, why is Google not a search engine by Europe’s standards? For that matter, what is considered to be a search engine? Find out in this week’s top news story.
How Will Google’s AMP Affect SEO?
On February 23, 2016, Google introduced AMP listings into its mobile search results with the promise of faster mobile web pages. With speed itself being a ranking signal, combined with how prominantly AMP pages are being featured, this new technology has some serious considerations when it comes to SEO.
SEJ’s Features Writer Anna Crowe explains in details how AMP will affect SEO, as well as provides six simple steps to make your web pages could load four times faster. Read this week’s top SEO strategy post here.
Popular Search Marketing Posts
Here is a rundown of the most popular posts on SEJ from last week:
- Google is Not a Search Engine, According to European Union, by Matt Southern
- How Will Google’s AMP Pages Affect SEO?, by Anna Crowe
- Organic Rankings Now Affect Local, Google Says, by Matt Southern
- SEO Jobs and Salaries Down in 2016, Buy Why?, by Matt Southern
- 3 Recent Google Updates: What You Should Know, by Adam Reimer
- Why Your AdWords Competitors Are Making More Money Than You, by Jonathan Dane
- How to Create Infographics That Drive Traffic, by Daniel Tay
- The Complete Guide to Snapchat, by Ash Read
- Try These 50 Catchy Headlines on Your Blog, by Syed Balkhi
- 4 CRO Lessons from Steve Jobs, by Neil Patel
Download This Week’s Episode of Marketing Nerds
In this week’s episode of Marketing Nerds, SEJ’s Director of Sales and Events, Jessica Cromwell, joins Features Editor Danielle Antosz to talk about how and why businesses should consider hosting events. If you’re planning an event for your brand and want to get quick tips, this is one podcast episode you don’t want to miss!
Featured Image: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #1: jorisvo/Shutterstock.com
In-post Photo #2: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #3: d8nn/Shutterstock.com
In-post Photo #4: Image by Paulo Bobita