Visit our #SEJThinkTank archive to listen to other SEJ Marketing ThinkTank webinars.
On Wednesday, May 6th, 2015, Debbie Miller, SEJ Social Media Manager, joined Brent Csutoras, the Chief Social Media Strategist, and the rest of the SEJ Marketing ThinkTank audience to discuss social media for big brands. Even though her presentation was mostly aimed at helping big businesses, there was plenty of information smaller organizations could use as well.
A few of the main points Debbie covered:
- Identifying a buyer persona (and why you should)
- Creating a unique campaign
- Handling crisis on social media
- Combining event and social marketing
Debbie also looked at several case studies showing how big brands like AT&T, Comcast, and McDonald’s handle their social media marketing – and what happens when they mess up. Overall, it was a fantastic presentation with a lot of actionable information.
Tools for Social Media Awesomeness
Debbie didn’t mention many tools in the presentation because most of her points were best practices, but she did want to share a few tools she can’t live without.
- Buffer is a fantastic platform for managing all your outgoing posts to almost any social platform and gives you new content to share.
- Hootsuite allows you to schedule posts to multiple platforms, but it also makes it easy to make sure you respond to users in a timely fashion.
- Tweet Deck is a great free tool for tracking Twitter impressions and engagement for your brand.
- Keyhole is a fantastic tool for hashtag tracking across multiple platforms.
Missed out or can’t get enough? We’ve got the recap video and slides for you below!
Watch the Recap Video
View The Slides
Connect with Debbie
Have more questions? Connect with Debbie on Twitter.
Join Us For Our Next Webinar!
Google Shopping: 5 Ways AI Can Increase Ecommerce Sales and Profit
Join Malin Blomberg, CEO of Bidbrain and Google Shopping expert, as she shares the best hacks for digital marketers and ecommerce business owners to maximize conversion value.