Here’s one handy tool allowing you to play around to get an idea how your page listing might look within Google SERPs (well, actually, I’ve seen similar tools before but this one looks really cool):
- Enter your page title, meta description, URL and the term you expect it to be ranked for;
- Play with other options (show date, choose “forum” format: posts/author/last, preview as pdf page);
- Compare with current Google results for your “bold” search query
- Grab the link to your listing preview to be able to share it (with the client, for example);
- Compare your listing with current listings in one window:
Important: please keep in mind, it is not guaranteed your listing is going to contain your page meta description. Google generates the snippet based on the separate algorithm and will pick it from your on-page text or meta description depending on the fact which one looks more relevant to the search phrase.
The tool was reviewed under SEJ policy.