Google is striving to surface even more useful content for Android users, as today the company announced new Google Now cards from 70 additional app partners.
Google Now is a predictive search tool integrated into the Android operating system that tracks important information about its users, and surfaces it when they need it most.
For example — getting a flight booking confirmation in Gmail will trigger Google Now to remember when your upcoming flight is, and alert you beforehand whether it’s delayed, canceled, or on time.
Now that same kind of functionality is going to work with even more apps — such as Zipcar, Spotify, Feedly, and more Android apps that you probably use every day.
Here is an overview of some of the most useful new integrations:
- Zipcar: Alerts you when your return time is coming up, provides directions to drop off point.
- Spotify/YouTube/Etc: Get recommended playlists from your favorite media apps based on your preferences.
- Feedly (& other news apps): Get alerted about breaking news
- Eat24: Get reminded about when your delivery order is about to arrive
- Fitness apps: Get notified about the progress towards your goals throughout the day
- OpenTable: Quickly pay your bill at the end of a meal
To take advantage of these new predictive search features, just update your Google app to the latest version. Of course, you will also need to have the apps installed on your phone as well.
As you interact with the apps, Google Now will learn what kind of content to start surfacing for you and you should start to see these new Google Now cards popping up over the next few weeks.