Facebook is on a roll right now when it comes to introducing useful new tools for business pages.
Pages are an important destination for people on Facebook, and we’re building new ways for people to interact with businesses through them. Today, we’re announcing a new call-to-action feature that will help Pages drive business objectives.
These buttons are designed with the intention of directing visitors to your Facebook page towards your most valuable destination — whether that’s to sign up for your mailing list, shop in your e-commerce store, or various things like that.
Here’s a full list of the 7 call-to-action buttons that were announced, along with my best interpretation of what they can be used for. Facebook didn’t provide any further details beyond just the names of these buttons.
- Book Now: To direct visitors to book a table at your restaurant or, a room in a hotel, or a similar kind of reservation.
- Contact Us: You can likely use this to direct visitors to a contact form, or if you’re brave perhaps it could be a button to email you directly.
- Use App: If your company has its own app this could be a button to open the app on your mobile device.
- Play Game: If you’re a mobile app development company this could be a link to play your latest game.
- Shop Now: Direct visitors to your e-commerce store.
- Sign Up: Direct visitors to your mailing list sign up page, or a webinar sign up page, or something like that.
- Watch Video: Pretty self explanatory, direct visitors to watch a video of your choice.
Dollar Shave Club has been using these call-to-action buttons already, and is apparently seeing good results:
Over the course of a three-week test, the Sign Up call-to-action button delivered a 2.5x higher conversion rate versus other comparable social placements aimed to drive new user acquisition.
These buttons will roll out in the US over the next few weeks and worldwide next year.
Subscribe to SEJ
Get our weekly newsletter from SEJ's Founder Loren Baker about the latest news in the industry!