8 seconds. That’s all you’ve got to get your prospect’s attention.
In a today’s busy world, it only takes that small fraction of time before your prospective client gets distracted and starts to do something else.
This is when the value of attention-grabbing visual storytelling comes in. After all, science tells us that human brains are wired to love pictures and stories.
In this infographic, Widen explains how to effectively incorporate visuals to get your message across. Here are some important statistics worth keeping in mind next time you create another piece of content:
- Social media posts with visuals deliver 180% greater engagement
- Tweets with images receive 150% more retweets
- Viewers are 85% more likely to purchase a product after watching a product video
- Images make up 93% of the most engaging posts on Facebook (up from 83% in 2012)
- Articles with images get 94% more views than those without
- Users clicking on photos of real people are 200% as likely to convert to sale
- Blogs that integrate attract 300% more inbound links
- Video is 53 times more likely to generate a first page Google ranking
Bonus info: Search engines can now rank content based on social media engagement, not just websites alone. Visuals are a great way to increase your content’s engagement fast and with relative ease.
Here’s the full infographic:
Infographic provided by: Widen
Subscribe to SEJ
Get our weekly newsletter from SEJ's Founder Loren Baker about the latest news in the industry!