Yellow Pages Group Beefs Up YellowPages.ca Local Search
Yellow Pages Group has developed a new search platform which allows searchers on YellowPages.ca to be served more structured results after submitting unstructured queries. Local searchers in Canada will now be able to perform intuitive searches with keywords like products, brands or even landmarks.
From Yellow Pages Group:
The new, lightweight and uncluttered interface of YellowPages.ca is evolving away from its directory listings format and giving users instant gratification even when they don’t know which keyword to use when conducting a search. Until now, YellowPages.ca was relatively unforgiving if you didn’t know exactly what you were looking for. Not any more. To access the beta version of the new YellowPages.ca search engine, users simply have to visit http://beta.yellowpages.ca or go to the homepage of the current site and click on the beta site link.
Instant gratification is the mantra of the YellowPages.ca development team, which is launching this beta version to obtain feedback on 95% of the features that will be incorporated into the final platform. New features include:
* Keyword search box lets users query with multiple keywords, brands, phone numbers and more
* Location search box allows users to search by landmark, region, postal code and more
* “Did you mean?” feature detects and corrects spelling errors that lead to ambiguity
* “Free call” feature instantaneously connects users by phone with queried merchants, using any type of telephone or network
* Tiered rankings help users identify national, regional and local players
* Online access to the entire database of Yellow Pages directories
* Refined search by brand, payment method, hours of operation and more
The key selling point of YellowPages.ca is its expanded universe of information. Not only does it provide information from publicly available URLs like other search engines, it also puts its proprietary data at the disposal of users, including business profiles, paid URLs, advertisements, menus, maps and more. YPG’s face-to-face sales force differentiates it from other search engines, which cannot provide the same depth and accuracy of content.
“Thanks to this fresh and rewarding technology, the Yellow Pages brand is evolving into the future – for new audiences and in new ways,” said Marc P. Tellier, President and CEO of Yellow Pages Group. “YellowPages.ca has truly become a ‘find’ engine and will enable us to consolidate our leadership position in the area of local search.”