One thing I love about Yahoo is, as these Microsoft acquiring Yahoo Search discussions heat up, the company is still moving forward to make itself a better Yahoo for its users, advertisers and affiliated publishers.
Yesterday Yahoo Search Marketing made this announcement on enhancements to the system:
- All names of objects (campaign, ad group, keyword, etc.) that are offline are displayed with red text for easy recognition.
- The “Top Campaigns” and “Watched Campaigns” tables on the Dashboard page now include a “Status” column to help you identify if and why any campaigns are offline.
- Minor updates to the “Campaigns” page have been made, including a new “Status” column, the ability to filter by “Status” when using the Advanced Search function, and replacing the “Campaign On/Off” button with individual “Pause” and “Unpause” buttons.
- We made minor tweaks to the Ads table on an Ad Group page, including adding a “Status” column, and replacing the “Campaign On/Off” button with individual “Pause” and “Unpause” buttons.
- New status settings have been added on the Search page, under the Campaigns tab.
- The addition of the “Status” column to the Ad Group, Ad and Keyword Search screens under the Campaigns tab.
- The ability to export (using the “Download” button) account information has been added to account-level Ad Group and Keyword pages, under the Campaigns tab.
Like Yahoo says, they are not the biggest ground breaking enhancements, but these still add to the usability of the system.
In related news, Aaron Wall has published a piece on how working with AdWare companies has diminished the value of the Yahoo click : How Click Arbitrage & Dirty Ad Syndication Killed Yahoo! Search Marketing