Sponsored by Majestic SEO, “Bigger, Better, Faster.”
Web directories used to be a great way to build backlinks for search rankings but do they still have any relevance today? Hear what Carlos has to say in the video below:
Here are some key takeaways from the video:
- Over the the last few years directories have become less important in terms of link equity, but Carlos believes they still have value in other ways.
- Carlos does not recommend paying for a link in a directory purely for the purpose of getting a link back to your website.
- The real value of certain web directories, such as the one at ISOOSI, is the exposure your business gets from them.
- Rather than creating another directory that business owners never go back to, Carlos and the team at ISOOSI try to provide real value for visitors to keep them coming back while getting businesses as much exposure as possible.
- Every dollar counts when it comes to marketing a small business, so Carlos says you need to do your homework before paying to be listed in any directory.
- Worthwhile directories are ones that are in your niche and preferably local.
- A good directory is one that has a thorough review process on all sites before they get listed. If a directory says that all listings are guaranteed, chances are it’s not worth investing your time or money into.
If you have any questions after watching the video, for either myself or Carlos, ask them in the comments section and we will do our best to respond to everyone! Please visit SEJ’s YouTube page for more video interviews from Pubcon 2013.
Subscribe to SEJ
Get our weekly newsletter from SEJ's Founder Loren Baker about the latest news in the industry!