Sponsored by Majestic SEO, “Bigger, Better, Faster.”
In an interview conducted at Pubcon 2013 in Las Vegas, Greg Secrist of BKA Content discusses the new Google updates and what they mean for content marketers.
As the CEO and co-founder of BKA Content, Greg is also a web designer, marketing pro and SEO expert.
I began the interview by asking Greg how you can work with great quality content to make sure your SEO and content marketing strategy stays effective despite constant Google algorithm updates.
Hear his advice in the video below:
Here are some key takeaways from the video:
- For content marketing today, Greg says there are only three main things that really matter. Number one is quality, followed by branding and an emphasis on answering user questions.
- Content has to read well, it has to be correct, and it has to be relevant to your industry. If you publish content that’s not relevant to what you’re doing Google won’t like it.
- Branding content has never been more important than it is now. Everything about your brand has to come through in your content.
- Especially with the Hummingbird update, content has to provide answers to user questions quickly. Content has to be simple, concise, and provide what users are looking for.
- As far as outsourcing content goes, Greg says he has only seen that work with dedicated content companies who hand pick their staff. Greg looks for people with a skill set that includes being able to write for a brand, as well as make the information interesting and engaging for the reader.
If you have any questions after watching the video, for either myself or Greg, ask them in the comments section and we will do our best to respond to everyone! Please visit SEJ’s YouTube page for more video interviews from Pubcon 2013.