A big thanks to our Pubcon 2014 sponsor, LinkResearchTools, your off-page SEO toolkit. Link Detox: Recover – Protect – Build.
Nate is a huge proponent of video reviews, having written a lot about how they can be good for business. Why should businesses be interested in producing video reviews? What can businesses get out of them that can improve their bottom line?
These are some of the questions I get Nate’s unique insight on in the video below:
Video Interviews and Reviews For Businesses: An Interview with Nate Kelly
Here are some key takeaways from the video:
- If you’re looking for a product online, where’s the first place you go? It’s not to the product description, Nate says, you go looking for the reviews.
- When it comes to any product you can buy online, the most beneficial type of review is a video review. It gives you hands on feedback from someone who has personally used the product.
- Nate says he has run into situations while working with clients where they’re not even aware that there are reviews on YouTube of the products they’re selling.
- Another great thing about the video review is that it’s more than just a review. People are commenting on the review with their thoughts about the product, often providing very passionate feedback. People commenting on the video may even insert links back to the website where you can buy the product which helps for SEO.
- Video reviews offer tangible proof and trust in a product. In terms of customer acquisition there’s no better way to legitimize a product than through a video review.
Please visit SEJ’s YouTube page for more video interviews.