It’s the last day of the month, and we take a look at the movers and shakers in our industry, bringing you the most popular articles by number of Twitter shares. Naturally, Twitter metrics are indicative of an article’s popularity within the niche, but also an indication of quality. It is thus safe to say that the following 10 articles are not only the most read, but also among the best produced by the SEO industry this November.
- Your Guide to Social Signals for SEO by Jayson DeMers at SEOmoz – offers amazing insight into the importance of social signals and their influence on search engine rankings. Tweeted by over 2000 people since November 6.
- 5 Killer SEO Insights from Analyzing a Billion Dollars in AdWords Spend – another SEOmoz winner, contributed by Larry Kim is the Founder/CTO of WordStream. Tweeted by over 1500 people since November 1st.
- SEO in 2013: The Rising Influence of AuthorRank – up there in the top, Marc Purtell’s article at Search Engine Journal is one of the top reads this month. Tweeted by over 1100 people since November 20.
- Why You Might Want to Do SEO on Someone Else’s Site – Rand’s Whiteboard Friday over at SEOmoz, was shared by over 1000 tweeps since November 23 when it was posted.
- Setting Up Your SEO Project / Agency for Success – brilliant tips by Ron Garrett for SEOmoz readers of the Daily SEO Blog. Over 1000 tweets since November 19.
- 2012 Year In Review: Important Shifts In Google SEO – equally popular, this is a brilliant retrospective by Tom Schmitz at Search Engine Land, published November 23 too.
- SEO – Content | Confusion | Clarity – trending with almost 1000 tweets since November 27, an in-depth analysis by Andy Betts over at Search Engine Watch.
- What Is Foursquare’s SEO Strategy? – a very interesting read by Andrew Shotland at Search Engine Land. About 700 tweets and counting since November 26.
- SEO Link Building Q&A with an Ex-Google Webspam Team Member – a must read Search Engine Journal feature by Jayson DeMers. Over 550 tweets since November 20.
- How to Write Sassy SEO Titles that Go Viral – one of my recent posts, got about 500 tweets and counting since November 22.
Disclaimer: the top 10 SEO articles on Twitter this month were identified with TweetLevel. The order can change at any time, depending on retweets. Nevertheless, each article is a great contribution to our industry. I hope you enjoy them, and let me know in the comments if you are aware of other November SEO blockbusters.