Why did they change their name?
- they are not just an SEO company
- wanted to get away from the unseemingly acronym, SEO
- people didn’t know how to pronounce SEO
- wanted to focus on software rather than consulting
- prepare for the launch for Moz Analytics (which is currently in beta)
They’ve already taken the time to update their twitter handle, facebook page, and rss feed. Below you’ll find a video that shares the vision of Moz and the direction it will take from here on out:
While I would hesitate to make such a move when there’s so much brand equity and recognition within the industry, I believe it was a smart move. What are your thoughts on the name change? Let me know below 🙂