This week, the SEJ ThinkTank was joined by Kelsey Jones, SEJ’s Executive Editor, for an informative podcast about maximizing the networks of your podcast attendees and guests.
If you have a podcast, like 27% of our webinar attendees, or are just thinking about starting one, this presentation is chock full of info you will find useful!
Do You Want to Build a Podcast?
Building a successful podcast requires a lot more work than just sitting down and pressing the record button. Kelsey gave a lot of great suggestions on how to build a successful following.
Here are a few highlights:
- Make it easy for guests and audience to share your podcast by tagging them on social.
- Link to resources and tools to create a truly useful piece of content.
- Use a platform that makes it easy to share your podcast. (Don’t make them think!)
It Doesn’t Have to be (Just) a Podcast
One of the most important pieces of advice Kelsey gave in the webinar was to repurpose your podcast content. This is true in every medium, but I think it gets overlooked in podcasting. Kelsey suggests transcribing part of your podcast, fleshing the topic out into a long form post, writing a recap post, and/or creating a webinar on the topic.
However you choose to repurpose your content, just remember it doesn’t have to be just a podcast. Different people consume content differently, so creating multiple formats makes it easier for your audience to choose the format they prefer.
Tools & Resources
Kelsey mentioned several great tools during the webinar. Here are links to those resources:
- Click To Tweet – For easy sharing on Twitter
- Rev.com – For transcribing your podcasts
- Blubrry – WordPress plugin to host your podcast, share, and get stats (This is what SEJ uses)
- libsyn – Website to host your podcast
- Podbean – Podcast hosting
Watch the Full Presentation Recording
View Kelsey’s Slides
Join Us For Our Next Webinar!
The Evolution Of Search & SERPs 2024
In this roundtable discussion with Shelley Walsh, Ben Steele, and Matt Southern, you’ll get expert insights into the evolution of search to give you a competitive advantage in 2024.