This is the wrap-up of the most popular posts and announcements on SEJ over the previous week. Newsletter subscribers are the first to receive this and other updates.
Microsoft Buys LinkedIn: 5 Things You Need to Know
Huge news this week: Microsoft is acquiring LinkedIn, the social networking site for business professionals. This is a deal that could have potentially huge implications for people who use either company’s products and services.
Is this a good deal for Microsoft? And what could this mean for your social media marketing strategy? SEJ’s Danny Goodwin shares the five things you need to know about this big tech acquisition in this week’s top news post.
How to Succeed With AdWords New Local Search Ads
AdWords is one of the most successful marketing channels. And, now it’s about to get a little noisier. On May 24, 2016, Google announced at the Google Performance Summit some significant changes to Adwords introducing the “next generation of local search ads.”
Almost a third of mobile searches have local intent, which means it’s time for brands to start thinking about how to connect with local consumers if they’re going to be competitive. If you want to win on the local SERPs, it’s time to dig deep and get involved with Google’s new local search ads.
In this week’s top SEO strategy post, SEJ Features Writer Anna Crowe explains how to be successful with Google’s new local ad units. Read the full post here.
Popular Search Marketing Posts
Here is a rundown of the most popular posts on SEJ from last week:
- 5 Things You Need to Know About Microsoft Buying LinkedIn, by Danny Goodwin
- How to Succeed With AdWords New Local Search Ads, by Anna Crowe
- The Ultimate Emoji Guide for Marketers, by Lisa Lacy
- How Voice Search Will Forever Change SEO, by Aleh Barysevich
- How Nonprofits and Small Businesses Can Leverage Social Media, by Aki Libo-on / [AD] Improve Content Quality Using Metrics That Matter for SEO
- How to Succeed at Twitter Marketing With Madalyn Skylar, by Aki Libo-on
- 4 Tips for Effective Brand Management, by Meg Cabrera
- How to Get Credit For Your AdWords Conversions, by Adam Lundquist
- 10 Social Media Tips and Updates from May 2016, by Debbie Miller
- Google Introduces Springboard: An Apps Search Engine for Business Users, by Matt Southern
Download This Week’s Episode of Marketing Nerds
In this episode of Marketing Nerds, Danielle Antosz and Kelsey Jones of Search Engine Journal discuss different ways to find clients through referrals, platforms like Upwork, and prospecting through job boards. They discuss their own experiences through those channels and share what successful for them, including their favorite websites and tools for finding freelance clients and jobs. Listen to the full episode, or download the MP3 here.
Featured image: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #1: Created via Photoshop from Microsoft press release images
In-post Photo #2: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #3: Image by Anna Crowe
In-post Photo #4: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #5: Image by Paulo Bobita