This is the wrap-up of the most popular posts and announcements on SEJ over the previous week. Newsletter subscribers are the first to receive this and other updates.
6 Takeaways from Mary Meeker’s 2016 Internet Trends Report
Last week, Mary Meeker of Kleiner Perkins, and a well-known industry analyst, gave her annual internet trends report. With a run time of 30 minutes and a total of 213 slides, there was a ton of information to go through.
For your convenience, SEJ’s Features Editor Danielle Antosz has boiled it down to some of the top six takeaways marketers should pay attention to. Read the full post here.
Google Releases More Efficient Mobile Friendly Testing Tool
Google has release a more efficient, and arguably more aesthetically pleasing version of its mobile friendly testing tool. The new tool will return your site’s mobile friendliness score, mobile page speed score, and desktop page speed score with the click of a button.
According to a Google advisor, almost half of all people will leave a mobile site that doesn’t load fast enough, which makes it all the more important to ensure your mobile scores are up to an acceptable level.
View this week’s top news post and run your site through Google’s new tool while you’re at it.
Popular Search Marketing Posts
Here is a rundown of the most popular posts on SEJ from last week:
- 6 Search-Related Takeaways from Mary Meeker’s 2016 Internet Trends Report, by Danielle Antosz
- Google Release More Efficient Mobile-Friendly Testing Tool, by Matt Southern
- The Ultimate Guide to Influencer Targeting, by Aleh Barysevich
- How to Create a Social Media Strategy For Multiple Locations with Cynthia Johnson, by Aki Libo-on
- 6 Benefits of Facebook’s Instant Articles, by Ben Jacobson / [AD] Why Speed is Now Your Most Important Feature and How Kinsta Can Help You
- 15 Glorious Examples of Brands Using GIFs, by Anna Crowe
- 18 of the Best Social Media and Digital Media Podcasts, by Erin Robbins O’Brien
- How to Improve Your Local Search Ranking Using Online Reviews, by Chris Campbell
- The 5 Content Marketing Goals You Should Have, by Aaron Agius
- 11 of the Best Responsive WordPress Themes, by Dev Sharma
Download This Week’s Episode of Marketing Nerds
In this episode of Marketing Nerds, SEJ Executive Editor, Kelsey Jones, sits down with Twitter Marketing Strategist Madalyn Sklar. They talked about how to grow your Twitter followers and thought leadership, as well as tips for better engagement, images, and community building. Listen to the full episode, or download the MP3 here.
Featured Image: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #1: Image from VintageTone via Shutterstock
In-post Photo #2: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #3: Image by Matt Southern
In-post Photo #4: Image by Paulo Bobita
In-post Photo #5: Image by Paulo Bobita