It sounds like IM Spring Break will be a great show and if it weren’t so far away from where I’d live, I would be there. However, I’m definitely going to be at SEMpdx‘s SearchFest 2009 which will happen March 10th in Portland Oregon (More Information, Agenda).
I wanted to share 10 reasons why you should attend SearchFest:
- Portland has the best beer in the world. Our beer is every bit as good as the panelists at our conference.
- The night before SearchFest, you can go see the Blazers beat the Lakers at the Rose Garden.
- We have NDA’s at SearchFest…our NDA stands for “Number of Drinks per Attendee”.
- SearchFest will be held at the Portland Zoo and attendees will be encouraged to tour the facilities as part of their conference attendance.
- We’ll have speakers like John Andrews and Matt Inman that don’t typically speak at Search Conferences.
- There is no…Reason 6.
- Portland’s Light Rail System insures that out of town guests can get from the airport to the conference hotel to the conference and back without needing a car or a cab.
- We won’t need any blue tape and we’ve recalibrated the food line so one person won’t have to dish out food for all 300 attendees (inside jokes from the first SearchFest that only SEMpdx board members will understand).
- In Portland, you are a short drive from Mount Hood, Mount St. Helens, the Columbia Gorge, the Oregon Wine Country, and the most beautiful Oregon Coast.
- Because one select attendee will be the next SEMpdx Schwag Ho (sorry David).
SearchFest Featured Speakers include:
- Danny Sullivan, Search Engine Land
- Rand Fishkin, SEOmoz
- Vanessa Fox, Nine by Blue
- Marshall Simmonds, New York Times
- Neil Patel, ACS SEO
- Susan Moskwa, Google
- Laura Lippay, Yahoo
- Matt McGee, Small Business SEM
- Greg Hartnett, Best of the Web
We hope that SEJ readers will consider attending SearchFest and if anybody has questions about our event, please contact me.
Use Coupon Code BOARD-SEMPDXSF0920 in order to save $$$ off your Searchfest ticket.